How To: Assign a Record Type to a Profile
You can associate several record types with a profile. For example, a user needs to create hardware and software sales opportunities. In this case, you can create and add both “Hardware” and “Software” record types to the user’s profile.
- From Setup, enter Profiles in the Quick Find box, then select Profiles.
- Select a profile. The record types available for that profile are listed in the Record Type Settings section.
- Click Edit next to the appropriate type of record.
- Select a record type from the Available Record Types list and add it to the Selected Record Types list. Master is a system-generated record type that's used when a record has no custom record type associated with it. When you assign Master, users can't set a record type to a record, such as during record creation. All other record types are custom record types.
- From Default, choose a default record type. If your organization uses person accounts, this setting also controls which account fields display in the Quick Create area of the accounts home page.
- If your organization uses person accounts, set default record type options for both person accounts and business accounts. From the Business Account Default Record Type and then the Person Account Default Record Type drop-down list, choose a default record type. These settings are used when defaults are needed for both kinds of accounts, such as when converting leads.
- Click Save.
Options in the Record Type Settings section are blank wherever no record types exist. For example, if you have two record types for opportunities but no record types for accounts, the Edit link only displays for opportunities. In this example, the picklist values and default value for the master are available in all accounts.
Copy Related Lists and Chatter on Lead Conversion
In Salesforce, lead management allows your marketing and sales teams to market, qualify, and build your sales pipeline with prospective customers. Once qualified then a lead can be converted into a formal Account, Contact and (optionally) an ...
Deploying Workflows Through Change Set
Salesforce Workflow Rules are the automated processes used in business processes to send Email alerts, assign a task, update a field on rule criteria or action based criteria requirements. Things to be considered when working with Workflow. ...
Deploying Process Builder Through Change Set
We can understand process builder as a point-and-click apparatus that lets you effortlessly mechanize if/then trade forms and see a graphical representation of your handle as you construct. Each prepare comprises a trigger, at slightest one criteria ...
Improve performance and speed in Lightning Experience
If you or your Users are experiencing slow page-loading times when using Lightning Experience, it may be related to one or more of the following issue types. Geographical Device Browser Salesforce organization configuration issues Please review issue ...
Solve Common Salesforce Flow Errors
Salesforce Flow errors happen all the time. However, you can still manage a clean user experience even when these errors occur. When you give users a clear error message, you are letting them know what’s wrong. That is called Salesforce Flow fault ...